PLEASE SIGN UP FOR A SHIFT AT THE RALLY: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/30e0e4ca8af2aabff2-rally
Supporters of congressional Republicans' scheme to defund Planned Parenthood have organized protests against the organization this Saturday in front of certain PP facilities, including Ventura's. Local pro-choice advocates, in turn, have organized a peaceful counter-protest in support of continued funding for Planned Parenthood, and women's reproductive rights. Indivisible: Conejo, along with Indivisible Ventura, has been invited to encourage its members to attend this rally!
In keeping with the requests of the Ventura PP facility, the rally will be held in front of the Ventura County Government Center on Victoria Avenue, and NOT in front of the PP building.
Some tips for a successful rally, from the organizers:
- Be educated about the cause: Part of our focus is to educate ourselves, and others, about all the positive services that PP provides for the public.
- Parking for participants: There should be ample parking in the lots at the government center.
- The rally location is the intersection of Victoria Avenue and Telephone Road, in front of the Government Center.
- Rally signs, posters & banners should emphasize our POSITIVE focus for the rally: the positive services PP provides, and the good it does for the community.
- Anti-choice protesters likely will be present at the same location. Although we hope that they will be as respectful toward us as we aim to be toward them, if negativity does arise, please DO NOT ENGAGE. No matter what they are saying or doing, do not engage in an argument or confrontation. Take the high road, and ignore them. If that proves to be too difficult, simply walk away. And if you see a fellow rally participant beginning to engage in a confrontation, please step in. Let's overcome the negative and have some fun!